Sunday, 5 October 2008
1 Big Eggplant (aubergine) cut into thin slices
1 Cup rice flour
1/2 tsp jeera/Cumin powder
1tsp Red chilly powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1. Rub salt on the eggplant slices at both sides and keep aside for 10 mins.(Eggplant slices will become watery).
2. Mix rice powder,jeera powder,chilly powder and salt.
3. Heat a pan and grease it with veg oil.
4. Take the Eggplant slices and dip in Rice flour, so that the four sticks to the slices.
5. Put 4-5 dipped slices on the frying pan and cover it.Turn the slices after 5 mins and cover with lid and keep it for 5 mins.
6. Hot kaafes are ready.Serve hot with ketchup.
Wednesday, 1 October 2008
8-10 potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed
2 tsps garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
3 green chillies
1/2 tsp tumeric powder
1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
6-7 curry leaves
Salt to taste
2 cups bengal gram flour
Vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil for deep frying
6 Pav buns (square buns that look like burger buns but are smaller, so you can substitute)
1/2 cup Shengdaana Lehsun Chutney (peanut garlic chutney)
1.Mix the gram flour with enough water and salt to taste, to make a thick, smooth paste. Keep aside.
2.Mix the ginger and garlic pastes and add the green chillies to them. Grind into a smooth paste in the food processor.
3.Mix this paste with the mashed potatoes. Season with salt.
4.Heat 2 tbsps of oil in a pan on a medium flame and add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and tumeric powder. Fry till the seeds stop spluttering.
5.Add this to the potato and mix well.
6.Divide the potato mix into portions slighter smaller than a tennis ball. Smoothen by rolling between slightly greased palms.
7.Heat the oil for deep frying on a medium flame.
When the oil is hot, dip one potato ball at a time into the gram flour batter to coat well and then deep fry till golden. Drain on paper towels.
8.Take one Pav bun, slit in half (not completely - leave one edge joined) and put a spoonful each of Tamarind Chutney, Mint-Coriander Chutney and Shengdaana Lehsun Chutney (peanut garlic chutney) each on it. Place a potato ball on the bun and fold over, pressing down gently. Serve while the potato ball is still hot.