Kalakand has always been my favorite sweet.But unfortunately we cant get them easily in Sydney.So I used to make it at home.But yesterday while making kalakand accidentally while increasing the quantity of half made Kalakand it became something else and believe me which was even more tasty than Kalakand.Here goes the recipe of Kalakand which became Rabdi.
- Condensed or full cream milk - 6 cup
- citric acit or lemon juice or alum
- Almond Flakes
- Cardamom powder - 2tsp
- Sugar 1 cup
- Boil 2 cups of whole milk and add 2 drops of lemon(citric acid) or Fitkari(alum) or vinegar.Stirr well.
- When milk curdles kepp aside for 15 mins.
- Mieanwhile Stir the rest 6 cups of milk in a nonstick pan. Make sure the milk should not burn.
- Stirr till the quantity of milk reduces to half.Add 3 tb spoons of milk powder to increase the thickness.
- Now take the curdled milk and drain the excess water with the help of thin cloth.
- Add the curdled milk (paneer) to the boiling milk.Stirr well for 5 mins.
- Add sugar and cardamom.Stir.
- Remove from burner.
- Garnish with almond flakes.
- Kalakand Rabdi is ready to serve.It tastes best when served chilled.