Wednesday, 21 January 2009
1 Cup Chana Dal
1/4 Cup Urad Dal
2 Green Chillis
Finely chopped Coriandr Powder
1 tsp jeera
1 Inch Ginger
1/4 tsp red chili powder
Salt to taste
1 Cup Wheat Flour
1/2 Rice Flour
1. Soak both the Dals for 4 hrs.
2. Grind it with Green Chili,Coriander,Jeera and Ginger to form a fine paste.
3. Add red chili powder and salt to taste.
1. Mix rice and wheat flour and kneed with water and make a soft dough.
2. Roll it like big chapati.
3. Cut it with the help of small katori/bowl.
4. Fill the stuffing in it(don't close/paste the farey).
5. Take 2-3 litre water in a big vessel.Boil it.Put some oil(1tsp)and salt to taste(1 pinch).
6. Put the farey in boiling water and let it boil for 5-7 mins on medium flame
7. Take it out of water and drain on tissue paper.
8. Serve hot with Ghee.
Friday, 2 January 2009
2 tsp Oil
3 Red Chilli
Salt to taste
500 gm Paneer
1 tsp Chilli powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1½ cup Onion, sliced
3/4 cup Tomato puree
2 tsp Coriander seeds
2 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1 Capsicum, cut into thin long strips
Procedure To make Kadhai Paneer:
1. Cut Paneer into small cubes and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok (Karahi), add dry red chilli, coriander powder, bayleaf and then add sliced onion, sauté onion till golden brown in color, and crisp.
3. Add ginger-garlic Paste, stir.
4. Now tomato puree, cook for few minutes.
5. Add chilli powder, coriander powder and salt, mix well. Add water if required.
6. Add paneer and cook until coated with thick gravy.
7. Serve hot, garnished with lightly roasted crushed coriander seeds.