Matar Kachori is a spicy green peas stuffed puris very popular in North India.
For Outer Cover:-
2 Cups Ata
1/2 cup of Rava (semolina) soaked in little water.
1 tbsp hot oil
1 tsp Ajawain
1 pinch of Hing
1 pinch of baking soda
Salt to taste
2 cups of Green Peas
1 tbsp Gram Flour
1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Mastard seeds
1 tsp Jeera
1 tsp coriander powder
2 tbsp chopped coriander
1 tbsp Red Chili Powder
Pinch of Asafetida
1 tbsp Funnel seeds crushed
1. Mix all the ingredient for dough along with hot oil and kneed well to form a stiff dough.
2. Cover and Keep aside for around 30 mins.
1. Grind the Green Peas to form coarse paste.
2. Heat a little oil in pan and add jeera and Mastard seeds. When they start to crackle add hing Ginger Garlic paste and turmeric powder. Mix.
3. Add the Green Peas Paste. Stir.
4. Add all the masalas except garam masala and mix well .
5. Sauté for around 5 minutes or until the rawness vanishes.
6. Add gram flour and sauté well. Till the mixture becomes non sticky .
7. Add Funnel seeds,Garam Masala and Salt. Mix well.
8. Mix Coriander Leaves.
Let the above mixture to cool at room temperature .
1. Take a lemon sized dough and roll it to make orange sized roti and put 1 spoon of stuffing in it and pack well.
2. Gently Press with palm and slowly roll with rolling pin. Do it gently or else the mixture will come out.
3. Make orange sized kachoris.
4. Heat oil in frying pan . And fry the kachori one by one in uniform heat to golden brown in color. If the oil is too hot kachori will turn brown but the inner filling will be raw . So adjust the heat while frying.
Kachoris are ready.
Serve with Curd or green chutney.