Monday, 25 May 2009
Gajar Ka Halwa
Carrots 500 gms.
Milk 3 cups.
Ghee 2 tbsps.
Sugar 1 cup
Green cardamom powder 1 tsp.
Procedure To Make Gajar Ka Halwa :
1. Peel, wash and then grate carrots. Blanch the almonds, peel and slice.
2. Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan. Add grated carrots, cook on a medium heat
for eight to ten minutes until carrots are soft.
3. Add milk and green cardamom powder. Bring it to a boil and then reduce heat.
4. Cook on a low heat until milk is almost reduced.
5. Add sugar, and cook until dry. Stir constantly.
6. Gajar halwa is relished hot as well as cold. Garnish with sliced almonds.
(TIP: To reduce cooking time, half of the milk quantity can be replaced with Khoya
(100gms).Or place in microwave for 15 mins)