Sunday, 16 November 2008
1 cup Sabudana
1 cup coarsely ground roasted penuts
1/2 cup Rajgeera Flour
1/2 cup boiled and mashed potato
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
2 green chillies (finely chopped)
salt to taste
Procedure To Make Sabudana Vada:
1.Take the sabudana in a container, and add enough water that it barely comes above the surface of the sabudana.
2. Leave it like this for at least 4-5 hours.(The sago will soak up all the water, fluff up to become soft and spongy, so it can be squeezed between your fingers, without feeling sticky or mushy.)
3. Drain out any excess water, if remaining.
4. Add boiled mashed potatoes,green chillies,red chilly,cumin powder,Rajgeera flour and penut powder.Mix well.
5. Make the paste into equal-sized balls and flatten slightly to form patties.
6. Heat oil in a wide, flat pan and shallow fry the patties till golden.
7. Drain on paper towels and serve with seasoned curd.