Friday, 28 November 2008
Methi Ke Gatte
1 cup fenugreek leaves (methi) finely chopped
1 cup bengal gram flour (besan)
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chili powder
2 tbsp Oil
2 tbsp curd
salt to taste
2 - 3 pinch asafoetida(Hing)
3 1/2 tblsp Cooking Oil
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 Red Chilli crushed
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Dry Mango Powder (amchur)
1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1 -2 pinch Asafoetida(Hing)
1. Mix everything methi, gram flour, asafoetida(Hing), red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
2. Mix in mustard oil and enough water to knead into a firm dough.
Divide into 3 equal parts and roll into cylinders.
3. Boil some water in a pot and mix in these cylinders for 15 - 20 minutes.
4. Drain, cool and cut into 1" long pieces.
5. Heat up oil.
6. Mix in asafoetida(Hing), mustard seeds and when the seeds crackle, mix in the gattes.
8. Mix in coriander powder, crushed red chillies, garam masala powder and amchur powder.
9. Stir to mix well.
10. Methi ke Gatte are ready.Serve with Chapatis or Rice.