Monday, 1 June 2009
Vegetable Fried Rice
Rice 2 cups
Oil 3 tbsp
Beans Finely Chopped 100 gms
Carrot Finely Chopped 2
Onion Sliced 1
Cabbage Finely Chopped 100 gms
Spring Onions Finely Chopped 2
Green Chilies cut lenghtwise 2-3
Ginger Chopped Finely 1 tsp
Garlic Finely Chopped 1 tsp
Soya Sauce 2 tbsp
Ajinomoto 1 pinch (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste
Procedure To Make veg Fried Rice:
1.Wash and soak the rice in enough water for 10-15 minutes and drain.
2.Cook rice either in microwave or cooker. Take care not to overcook the rice. Each grain of rice should be separate.
3. When rice is done, drain and add soom cold water and drain again using a large seive and set aside.
4. Keep the vegetables ready
Heat oil in a kadhai / large pan and stir fry all the chopped vegetables.
Cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Take care that vegetables are not overdone, they should be crisp.
6. Mix ajinomoto,salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add the cooked rice and mix well.
8. Now mix the soya sauce to it.
9. Cook the fried rice for 2-3 minutes.
10. garnish with Spring Onions and serve Hot.