Monday 1 September 2008

Bharwa Bhindi


Ingredients:

225 gms Large Bhendi
½ tsp Chilli Powder
½ tsp Ground Ginger
½ tsp Ground Cumin
1 tbsp Mango powder (Amchur)
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
Vegetable Oil, for frying
A few drops of Vegetable Oil
2 tbsps Cornflour, placed in a plastic bag
Salt to taste

Method: Wash the okra and dry on kitchen paper. Carefully trim off the tops without making a hole. Using a sharp knife, make a slit lenghtways in the corner of each okra but do not cut all the way through.
In a bowl, mix the mango powder, ginger, cumin, chilli (if using), turmeric and salt with a few drops of oil. Leave the mixture to rest for 1-2 hours.
Using your fingers, part the slit of each okra carefully, and till each with as much of the spice filling as possible.
Put all the okra into the plastic bag with the cornflour and shake the bag carefully to cover the okra evenly.
Fill the frying pan with enough oil, heat it and fry the okra in small batches for about 5-8 minutes or until they are brown and slightly crisp. Serve hot.


Tip: While frying onions add a little milk to onions this will help retain a rich color and prevent them from burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like this recipe?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

First of all thanks for visiting my blog.Spiceland means the land of spices that is India.Even after travelling across various places in the world I find Indian Food the most delicious among all.The reason behind writing this blog is not only to share my favourite recipes with other foodies like me but also I see it as my personal CookeryBook in which I have stored the recipes with the perfect procedures with the images.I own a recipeblog doent mean that I am a chef or expert in cooking,I still assume myself a beginner cook.The recipes mentioned in the blog are inspired by my loving mom who is the Greatest cook in the world and are blend of North Indian,Maharashtrian,South Indian since I belong to these various places in India.Hope you are enjoying your tour to Spiceland.Feel free to comment any suggestions on Spiceland Recipes.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP