Monday 1 September 2008

Curd Rice


Ingredient :

1 Cup Rice
1 Cup Yogurt
2 Green Chillies
2 Red Dry Chillies
1 Inch Ginger (grated)
1 tsp mustered Seeds
1 tsp jeera
1 tbsp Urad Daal
1 tbsp Chana Daal
50 Gm Cashew
50 Gm Raisins
6-7 Curry Leaves
Coriander leaves to garnish
4 tbsp cooking oil
salt to taste.

Method:

1. Wash the rice well and cook it as usual.(put in a pressure cooker with the water. Cook till done - cook first on a hig flame till you hear the first whistle, then simmer and allow 1 more whistle. Keep aside for an hour or two...or add 2 cups of water to 1 cup of rice in microwave and let it cook for 25 mins).
2. Take oil in the pan and heat it.Add mustard seeds,jeera, curry leaves,Ginger, chillies,cashews,Raisins,urad daal and chana daal.Stirr well.Cook it for 5 mins on low flame.
3. keep aside for 10 mins.
4. Add yogurt to this mix.And spread on rice.
5. Stirr well.
6. Curd Rice is ready.One can keep it in Fridge and enjoy the cool taste of curd rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like this recipe?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

First of all thanks for visiting my blog.Spiceland means the land of spices that is India.Even after travelling across various places in the world I find Indian Food the most delicious among all.The reason behind writing this blog is not only to share my favourite recipes with other foodies like me but also I see it as my personal CookeryBook in which I have stored the recipes with the perfect procedures with the images.I own a recipeblog doent mean that I am a chef or expert in cooking,I still assume myself a beginner cook.The recipes mentioned in the blog are inspired by my loving mom who is the Greatest cook in the world and are blend of North Indian,Maharashtrian,South Indian since I belong to these various places in India.Hope you are enjoying your tour to Spiceland.Feel free to comment any suggestions on Spiceland Recipes.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP