Monday, 1 September 2008
Veg Kofta Or Nargisi Kofta
2 cups-Boiled vegetables (carrot,green peas, bottle gourd, potato, cauliflower)
3/4 tsp-Ginger paste
1/2 tsp-Black pepper powder
2 tbsp-Maida (refined flour)
8-10 tbsp-Vegetable oil
Salt to Taste
1 cup-Boiled onions (paste)
1 cup-Finely chopped tomatoes
4 tbsp-Vegetable oil
1 tsp-Ginger paste
1 tsp.-Garlic paste
1/2 tsp-Green chilli paste
1 tsp-Coriander powder
1 tsp-Red chilli powder
3/4 tsp-Turmeric Powder
1 tsp-garam Masala Powder
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for decoration
1.Mash all the boiled vegetables. Add ginger paste, pepper powder, maida and salt.
2.Make into small kofta balls.
3.Heat oil on 'high'.
4.Reduce heat to 'medium' and then fry kofta balls so that they cook properly. First try with one ball. Check if the oil is heated properly and ball comes out well. If you find that the balls are splattering, then add little more maida to the mixture.
1. Heat oil in pan .
2. Fry bay leaves for 30 seconds.
3. Add onion paste, ginger-garlic paste and green chilli paste. Fry the mixture till it becomes golden brown and starts separating from oil.
4. Add garam masala, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, dhania powder, salt to the mixture and heat for about 3-4 minutes on 'medium'.
5. Add appropriate water to the mixture to make thick gravy.
6. Bring the gravy to boil and then cover it. Let it cook for 4-5 minutes.
7. Add 2 tbsp. of cream so that the cream flavor blends with gravy.
5-10 minutes prior to serving, add kofta balls to the gravy. Heat on 'medium' to 2-3 mins.
Decorate with the remaining cream and finely chopped coriander leaves.