Monday 1 September 2008

Idli Sambhar


Ingredients:



2 cups Rice
1 cup Urad Daal (white)
1 1/2 tblsp Salt
A pinch of Baking Soda
Oil for greasing



How to make idli sambhar:


Pick, wash and soak the daal overnight or for 8 hours.
Pick, wash and drain the rice. Grind it coarsely in a blender.
Grind the daal into a smooth and forthy paste.
Now mix the grinded rice and daal together into a batter.
Mix salt and set aside in a warm place for 8-9 hours or overnight for fermenting.
Idlis are ready to be cooked when the batter is well fermented.
Grease the idle holder or pan well and fill each of thm with 3/4th full of batter.
Steam cook idlis on medium flame for about 10 minutes or until done.
Use a butter knife to remove the idlis.
Serve them with sambhar or chutney.

1 comment:

Did you like this recipe?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

First of all thanks for visiting my blog.Spiceland means the land of spices that is India.Even after travelling across various places in the world I find Indian Food the most delicious among all.The reason behind writing this blog is not only to share my favourite recipes with other foodies like me but also I see it as my personal CookeryBook in which I have stored the recipes with the perfect procedures with the images.I own a recipeblog doent mean that I am a chef or expert in cooking,I still assume myself a beginner cook.The recipes mentioned in the blog are inspired by my loving mom who is the Greatest cook in the world and are blend of North Indian,Maharashtrian,South Indian since I belong to these various places in India.Hope you are enjoying your tour to Spiceland.Feel free to comment any suggestions on Spiceland Recipes.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP