Monday 1 September 2008

Aloo Ka Paratha


Stuffing:
2 boiled Potatoes
1 small finely chopped Onion (optional)
Coriander leaves finely chopped
Small piece of Ginger (very finely chopped or grated)
1 or 2 green Chilies (finely chopped)
1 tb/sp Coriender Powder
1 tb/sp Jeera Powder
Salt
Red Chili powder and
Garam masala as per taste
Butter

Method:-



For the cover make dough out of whole-wheat flour (atta), as you would do for any parantha/roti.Make sure that the consisency of this dough is same as the mashed potatoes.
Mash the potatoes.
Add all the stuffing items to mashed potatoes and mix it properly.
Make two medium size chapati, add the filling to the one chapati and cover it with the second one.
Now roll it slightly.
Heat the griddle pan over med. to high heat and grease with oil.
Smear butter on one side of each paratha and place this side on to the heated pan.
As, this side is cooking, butter the other side, then turn the paratha and cook for minute.
Keep cooking untill the parathas are brownish from each side. (You can tell from the look if its ready or not) .
Lower the hear for following parathas.
Serve with raita ,yogurt or pickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like this recipe?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

First of all thanks for visiting my blog.Spiceland means the land of spices that is India.Even after travelling across various places in the world I find Indian Food the most delicious among all.The reason behind writing this blog is not only to share my favourite recipes with other foodies like me but also I see it as my personal CookeryBook in which I have stored the recipes with the perfect procedures with the images.I own a recipeblog doent mean that I am a chef or expert in cooking,I still assume myself a beginner cook.The recipes mentioned in the blog are inspired by my loving mom who is the Greatest cook in the world and are blend of North Indian,Maharashtrian,South Indian since I belong to these various places in India.Hope you are enjoying your tour to Spiceland.Feel free to comment any suggestions on Spiceland Recipes.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP